This mid-1920’s view in the workshops at the Carmuirs depot in Larbert Road shows evidence of both tramway and bus repairs, since the premises were shared by both methods of traction. MS 4558, one of several Tilling Stevens delivered in 1923 (with body by Cowieson of Glasgow) is seen minus it’s engine and surrounded by the maintenance team. The wheels in the foreground were perhaps to be fitted to the Flakirk tram just visible on the extreme right.
These images are available for commercial use. Please use the form below to contact us for a price