Sunday evening, summer, 134 linked Helensbough and Glasgow with a 25 mn service with additional services in Summer for trippers. Photographed 1960, with line of Leyland ‘s in Glasgow St, just off Helensburgh esplanade. Northern Counties-bodied L497 (GM 7697) of 1956 was Centrals very first ‘ tin fronted ‘ Leyland after several generations of exposed-rad examples. It leads the line of extra buses from Gavinburn, provided mainly by overtime working, which would all return with full loads to the city as the shadows lengthened and the trippers called it a day.
These images are available for commercial use. Please use the form below to contact us for a price