Davidson’s Mains is a suburb of Edinburgh close to the river Forth towards Cramond. In this view along the main street in June 1955, AYJ 724, a 1950 Ford Anglia from Dundee is parked outside McCracken’s Garage. The older car is FSG 812, a locally registered 1947 Humber Hawk which was typical of the large and solid family saloons still available at that time, with the traditional running boards and luggage boot.Note the informal petrol filling stations with products of Esso, Shell and BP available.
These images are available for commercial use. Please use the form below to contact us for a price