This was the only six wheel double decker to serve with the central fleet, it was inherited when only a few months old from Baillie Bros of Dumbarton in 1936. Its 63 seat bodywork made it the largest vehicle in the central fleet at that time. It retained this title until the 67 seat Leyland PD3s arrived in 1957, the Renown remained in its original Dunbartonshire territory until 1950. With Baillies it operated mainly on the Balloch services. Only one other AEC was to enter the Central fleet after the war and this was M8.
These images are available for commercial use. Please use the form below to contact us for a price