A Halley 75 h.p. fire engine with ists crew outside Dick’s Garage in Kilmarnock. Note the solid rubber tyres.Like many other garages such as Dick’s of Kilmarnock, they grew from cycle dealers and progressed to mechanicla transportas motors slowly gained popularity from the late 1980’s onwards. David and Douglas Dick first opened a shop in 1895 in John Street, followed shortly afterwards with a warehouse in Duke Street.
These images are available for commercial use. Please use the form below to contact us for a price